The Director of Studies will ensure that an excellent service is provided to all those who interact with the department: students and staff alike. This is a challenging and broad role and involves recruitment and management of teaching staff, student welfare and academic support and academic administration.
• Liaising with line manager re room scheduling.
• Attendance recording in line with INIS requirements.
• Carry out student induction including administering placement exam.
• Liaise with accounts department.
• Registering students on student database.
• Be available to students outside of college hours. This may involve providing support for problems regarding arrivals or pastoral care issues.
• Be available to administer documents to agents should main administration be out of office.
• Recruiting new teachers, teacher induction, teacher training and development.
• HR administration, ensuring all HR documents are provided by new teachers.
• Carry out teacher observations & appraisals.
• Liaise with management re budgeting and numbers.
• Liaise with sales team re recruitment to ensure maximum numbers at all times.
• Conduct teacher meetings and organising CPD events.
• Conduct student feedback.
• Maintain ACEL regulations at all times and keep up to date with new policies.
• Adherence to College policies and GDPR regulations .
• Assist and manage social coordinator.
• Assist and manage exams officer.
• Pastoral care and student support.
• Any other duties that fall within the employee’s capabilities and as assigned by the manager.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree minimum level 7.
• Minimum 5 years’ consecutive experience in EFL sector with CELTA qualification.
• Have evidence of CPD.
• Strong leadership with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Effective time management, strong attention to detail, ability to multi task.
• Experience in working with diverse cultures.
• Be available for out of hours work.
• Must be legally entitled to work full time in Ireland for any employer.
About Griffith College
Established in 1974, Griffith College is Ireland's largest independent 3rd level institution with locations in Dublin, Cork and Limerick. The main campus is situated on seven acres within a mile of St. Stephen's Green on Dublin's South Circular Road. Griffith College enjoys national and a growing international reputation for student success. The College has gained an enviable, award winning reputation for providing students with first class lectures and excellent study material. Griffith College offers internationally recognised postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes, complimented by a wide range of professional, short term and corporate training educational solutions - in Griffith college, there is something for everyone. Today there are over 7,000 students studying in the College, which is a designated educational institute of the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Click the link for more information. http://www.griffith.ie/
Why work for Griffith College, Cork?
• Stunning historical premises on 5 acres of land.
• Competitive salary.
• Training and Development opportunities.
• Free parking facilities.