CEC seek to hire an Academic Manager
CEC - Cork English College is one of Ireland`s leading English Language Schools with over 40 years’ experience in the E.F.L. industry. In keeping pace with our growth, CEC now wish to hire an Academic Manager. CEC is recognised by ACELS, a service of QQI, for English Language Teaching (ELT) and we are full members of Quality English and EAQUALS. CEC is also an authorised IELTS, OET and Cambridge ESOL examination centre.
The Academic Manager plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Academic Department, managing staff and students, providing educational leadership, developing existing and new programmes, managing quality assurance and compliance within the academic department and working to ensure a high level of service delivery to students. This role requires a highly-motivated individual with a sense of ownership towards the position.Applicants must have excellent organisational skills and be efficient, flexible and able to work in a busy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work as part of the Academic Team to ensure excellent service delivery of the highest standards.
· Participate in the day -to- day management and administration of the academic department.
· Work on new initiatives to improve and enhance existing programmes and services.
· Staff management – recruitment, induction and performance management.
· Provide ongoing direction, mentoring and support to the academic staff and participate in the delivery of the Teacher Development Programme.
· Coordinate the movements of students between levels, classes and courses and maintain the database accordingly.
· Participate in management meetings.
This list is not exhaustive as there may be other duties and responsibilities that form part of the role.
· Degree & DELTA or equivalent.
· Extensive teaching experience (5+ years) in a wide range of contexts including exam preparation.
· Previous work in academic monitoring, planning and administration.
· Previous experience with course and syllabus design.
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills at an operational level including effective management of people, resources and finances.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
· Solutions focused approach to problem solving.
· Experience with Academic accreditation schemes and inspections (E.g. ACELS, EAQUALS, British Council/English UK).
· Experience in a school with a junior summer school operation.
· Teacher Training experience would be an advantage.
· Experience with Erasmus+ funding and courses.
· Experience in a rolling enrolment environment.
Job Type: Full-time