Pre-Sessional Tutors - English for Academic Purposes
The UCD Applied Language Centre is seeking to appoint well-qualified and
experienced EAP Tutors who will deliver our 2021 Summer Pre-Sessional
7-Week PSP on-campus: 5 July - 20 August
7-Week PSP at-distance: 14 June - 30 July
The successful candidates will:
● Deliver EAP classes (online or in-person as required), facilitate 1:1 student consultations and support autonomous learning activities
● Work with other tutors over shared classes and liaise with the Programme Coordinator to ensure all aspects of course delivery meet the Centre’s required standards and learning objectives
● Participate in assessment procedures, mark to set criteria and provide feedback
● Assist with administrative duties as required in maintaining detailed records of attendance and work completed in each class.
● Attend team meetings as required
● Undergraduate degree (any discipline)
● Recognised TEFL qualification
● Experience of teaching EAP
● Specialist area: academic skills of research essay writing, critical reading and seminar/ presentation
● MA TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related discipline
● Experience of teaching on university-based EAP courses
● Experience of administering high-stakes summative assessments
Successful candidates should be available for the full duration of a course and they should be also available to attend an Induction Session and administer Placement Tests the week before the course commences.
Successful candidates must have an Irish PPS Number.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis from March.
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com and clearly indicate which course(s) you are interested in (i.e. on-campus and /or at-distance 7-Week Pre-Sessional).