Director of Studies sought for the International School of English (Dublin)
Job Title: Director of Studies
Contract: FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Reports to: CEO / School Director
Location: Dublin Campus
Position: ISE Ireland is one of Ireland's leading English Language Schools established in 1997. ISE Ireland is recruiting a Director of Studies who will be the senior academic manager in our Dublin campus. We are recognised by ACELS / QQI. ISE Ireland is also an authorised Trinity college London exam centre.
This is a key role within ISE Ireland and is a permanent full-time position. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the academic department, managing our teaching team and our learners, providing educational leadership, developing existing and driving new programme design and development, examination management, promotion of excellence in teaching and learning, managing quality assurance and enhancements and delivering and further developing excellent relationships with our learners and all stakeholders.
● Work as part of the management team to promote and represent the best interests of the Company or
associated Companies to deliver excellent service to the highest standards
● Providing leadership, mentoring and support of the teaching team through excellence in teaching and
● Responsible for quality assurance and enhancements, policy developments including compliance and
continuing enhancement of the various statutory and accreditation requirements and manage records and documentation accordingly.
● Manage academic planning, scheduling, team meetings and quality enhancements based on stakeholder feedback and other applicable metrics
● Teaching team recruitment, induction and performance management.
● Liaise across departments to ensure effective school management. Monitor all aspects of the school environment and the learner experience.
● Market the school at all levels to existing or prospective stakeholders including promotion of different courses and offering.
MANAGEMENT OF TEACHING & LEARNING
● Maintain teaching standards and quality assurance. Provision of teacher support, tech support, CPD on methodology and ensure continuing teacher development.
● Create a positive atmosphere within the teaching team conducive to personal and team improvement.
● Manage HR related to the teaching team – annual leave, timesheets, garda vetting, child protection etc.
● Ensure adherence to record management requirements i.e., statutory or school policy requirements.
● Ongoing Course development and description – learning outcomes, course objectives, syllabi, materials, assessment, feedback channels etc.
● Ongoing development of the school VLE for optimal learner experience. Manage exam information and provide learners with tailored advice on exam options
● Manage all stages of the learner journey and experience concerned with access, transfer and progression including arrival, placement, feedback, progress, learner pathways and departure. Provide ongoing learner support and pastoral care.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
● Solution driven with strong people management skills
● Excellent communication and time management skills
● Office administration experience (IT literate, particularly MS Excel) with excellent attention to detail
● Counselling & interpersonal skills (ability to empathise and understand people’s needs)
● Financial management – managing teaching hours, timesheets and budgets
● Year-round centre management experience: minimum two years in a similar role
● Pastoral/ learner welfare experience
● Team working experience
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Cambridge DELTA or Masters in cognate discipline
● Applications with full CV and covering letter outlining in detail your suitability for the position should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 30th November at 17.00.
● Interviews will be held on the week of 6th December for candidates who are successful at the screening stage. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
● Please note that only applicants who are allowed to work in the EEA need apply.
● Interviewees are required to bring original copies of qualifications which will be photocopied and returned on the day of interview.
● Second interviews are common for senior positions in the company.
● Copies of all unsuccessful applications will be deleted and destroyed by 31st January 2022 in line with GDPR policies.
● Will be discussed at interview and attractive package for the position offered